Seminar on Breeding of PERV-free or Low copy-PERV Vietnamese Native Pigs
On the 17 November 2016, Seminar on Breeding of PERV-free or Low copy-PERV Vietnamese Native Pigs was held at National Institute of Animal Science, Hanoi,
There were representatives from NIAS Director board, Scientific management and International Cooperation Department, Project members and experts from Vietnam and Japan participating in the Seminar. After receiving the opening speech of the NIAS Director board, all the participants were listening to different reports and joining in the discussion with some main content such as:
– The status of pig production development in Vietnam by Dr. Pham Sy Tiep – Head of Scientific management and International Cooperation Department, NIAS -V.
– Pig breeding system in Vietnam by Dr. Trinh Hong Son – Thuy Phuong Pig Research Centre, NIAS-V.
– The state of pig breeding and pig farming development in Japan by Dr.Toshihiro Okamura – Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, Japan.
– Phylogenetic analysis of Vietnam native pig breeds by Dr.Aisaku Arakawa – Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, Japan
– Detection of PERV and breeding scheme of Vietnamese native pig breeds by Dr.Masaaki Taniguchi – Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, Japan.
The workshop objectives were to review the difficulties and advantages of the pig industry in the Vietnam. In addition, this is an valuable opportunity for the experts and scientists from both countries to exchange their knowlegde and find out the way to improve the pig production in Vietnam as well as strengthen the research collaboration between Vietnam and Japan.